Of all the festivals celebrated in India, “Diwali” is one of the most glamorous and important. Its magical and radiant touch creates an atmosphere of joy and festivity. It is a festival of lights symbolizing the victory of righteousness and the lifting of spiritual darkness. It celebrates the victory of good over evil - and the glory of light.
Our diverse community provides a wonderful opportunity to share cultural traditions of our neighbors. Redmond Indian Association is pleased to add Sparklers Party to this year's Diwali celebrations in our community. The sparklers signify celebration of Diwali as well a way to drive the evil away.
This event is open to ALL and you don't need to buy any new ticket or need to have ticket to the RIA Diwali on 25th October. Join the happy festival, even if you missed the tickets to our main event on 25th October. We are organizing this to to bring the spirit of this festival to our community, let our kids better enjoy and better relate to the festival of lights.
RIA is providing free sparklers and would distribute them in an effort to ensure all families get the sparklers. Given the limited quantity of sparklers, we cannot guarantee that sparklers will be available for the length of this event.
Date : 22 October 2014 (7 PM to 8 PM)
Venue: Parking lot adjacent to the new soccer fields in Redmond Ridge East Recreation Area (See map)
It is a rain or shine event and we are hoping weather gods to let us celebrate together.
This is a totally completely volunteer driven and not for profit event.
1. You need to download the Liability Release and Waiver Form, print it out, fill it up, sign it and submit it at the venue to participate in this event. You ought to submit the signed Liability Release and Waiver Form to participate in this event.
2. Parents must accompany their under 18 kids.
3. No outside sparklers or fireworks are permitted.
4. Drop the used sparklers sticks into the water buckets ONLY. Do not drop them anywhere else.
5. Do clean-up after you - remember its our community.
6. Given the limited parking space near the venue, please carpool, park and walk to the venue. It is just 0.7 miles from Bristol Park.
7. Please be courteous in the neighborhood. Allow space for residents to park in front of their homes and do not block driveways. If a resident asks you to move, please do so.
8. There will be a few parking spots reserved for the volunteers. Do not take those spots.
9. Exercise politeness at all times.
10. Do thank the volunteers that have worked really hard to put together this fun event. Remember they are folks like you with a demanding jobs and other responsibilities.
11. Finally, remember to have fun:)